- A welcome from Derrick Brent, Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
- A welcome from Vaishali Udupa Commissioner for Patents,
- Licensing your intellectual property;
- Branding and trademark protection;
- Sean Wilkerson, Robyn James and Eric Peterson: Turning passion to profits; and
- Understanding Manufacturing.
"There is no reason why other countries (including ours) should not stage similar conferences. We do stage events like the British Invention Show but there is nothing like Invention-Con. There is a great need for practical advice on patent, design and trade mark prosecution, grant, equity and loan funding, setting up businesses and scaling up which Invention-Con appears to deliver."
For the last 20 years, I have founded and chaired inventors' clubs, given talks, run IP clinics and given practical advice to independent inventors in this and my other publications. I think the time has come to consolidate these activities in one place. I am assembling my articles and case notes into a single pdf manual which will be free to download. I shall continue to canvass support for a British equivalent to Invention-Con.
Anyone wishing to discuss this article may call me on 020 7404 5252 during office hours or send me a message through my contact form,