06 March 2018

Trevor Baylis

Trevor Baylis CBE
Author: Euchiasmus
Licence: Copyright released by the copyright owner
Source Wikipedia



























Jane Lambert

I am very sorry to learn of the death of the inventor, Trevor Baylis CBE. I met him on two occasions.  The first was the Brass from Gumption  event at the Huddersfield Media Centre and the University of Huddersfield  on 18 Feb 2005 where Mr Baylis ran a brainstorming session (see Bright Ideas Get a Boost 26 Jan 2005 Huddersfield Examiner). The second was at an LES meeting in Leeds hosted by Liz Ward at her previous law firm.

Mr Baylis founded the business Trevor Baylis Bands which has published his biography on its website. It will be seen that he was a remarkable man and although I did not see eye-to-eye with on everything - particularly not criminal liability for patent infringement which I debated with him on at least one occasion - I had a lot of time for him.

I offer his family, friends and connections my sincere condolences.

No comments: