|Field Hospital in First World War|
Author National Museum of Health and Medicine
Creative Commons Licence
I have been conducting free monthly consultations on IP law in London and the North for the last 10 years or so. I have seen lots of clients in that time and can count a number of successes as a result.
However, that service does have some five limitations.
- it requires my presence and I can only be in one place at any one time.
- A month can be a very long time to wait when a matter is urgent or you are impatient for information.
- I often need to refer clients to another professional such as a patent or trade mark attorney or a product design consultant which results in further delay.
- Many problems can be dealt with by a simple phone or Skype call or email.
- Clients who need to see me sometimes have to travel for miles.
I have therefore decided to improve and extend my IP Clinic in the following way.
Anyone who wants a free IP consultation with me or some other IP professional should call
020 7404 5252during office hours and ask for an appointment to speak to me by telephone. I am not always available because I may be in court or a meeting but someone will take your name and number and arrange for me to call you back. Tell the person who takes your call that you are calling about my IP clinic.
Alternatively, you can send me a message through my contact form.
I should be able to give you some basic advice there and then and there will be no charge for that service. Should it appear to me that you need to see some other professional I will call at least one member of the relevant profession who practises in your area wherever possible and ask whether he or she would be willing to see you for an initial meeting or talk to you by telephone for up to 30 minutes free of charge. If the answer is "yes" I will pass you on to him or her.
Please note that you can only use this service once. If you want to consult me or any of the other professionals to whom I may refer you again you will have to instruct us in the usual way and that will usually require a fee the amount of which will be negotiated at the time.
In the next few days, I shall launch an IP clinic website which will provide further information including a knowledge base of answers to frequently asked questions.